Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Graphic 45 and Mixed Media Techniques

Time for some April blog posts I have been busy with my graphic 45 submission for the final round and Scrapmatts DT projects. They were a lot of un but now it time to update my blog. 
I thought I would keep the mixed practice going with a few more attempts at using 
my stencils and trio of graphic 45 collections. 
I used some tim holtz stencils texture mature and various distress inking products.

For the first tag I used graphic 45 Rare Oddities.
As usual I fussy images from the collection and tried to focus on the key colours
that feature in the wonderful papers.
I love that owl image and tried to make it one of my focus images for the this tag.
The inks I used for the background are perfect for this project
They are distress inks : Ripe persimmon, Seedless preserves and black soot.
  







The second tag has an automatic masculine feel as I used the great collection 
called Good ol Sport. This collection has some of my favourite images to fussy cut 
and they this tag pop.
The background has no texture paste this time and I used various distress inks.
I then layered my embellishments and the background became a great frame.
I love the metallic elements that added life to the masculine theme. 








The final tag is a more feminine tag and uses the lovely botanical tea collection
This background i tried to make it have a more vintage feel aim not sure how successful I 
was but it turned out ok. I also included a couple botanical tea stamped images. I am fast thinking I could become an avid stamper.
The images in botanical tea speak for them selves and work in this collage style 
group of embellishments. The pops of colour from the petaloo flowers bring the tag even more to life. 






I hope you enjoyed using my latest batch of tags and will leave me some feedback in 
the comments section. Stay tuned for my Graphic 45 final round submission and some thing new I have been trying.
Until then happy paper crafting.

Andrew


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...