Saturday, 20 February 2016

Typography And Mixed Media

Mixed media is very popular out in the greater crafting community, And I have not really tried it much. It seemed a little overwhelming to me and I have 
to admit the messy nature of mixed media was not that appealing to me. But I have jumped in and bought a few supplies and gave it a go.
Of course I had to combine it with my first craft love, that would be all thing Graphic 45.

I created a Memo Book using typography one of my favourite 
collections from Graphic 45.
Well here is the finished product. I love the background, but I think I still have a way to go in the mixed media world.






The supplies I used for the background were a lot of fun to try and while I did not really know the techniques I watched a tonne of you tube videos and applied the knowledge the best I could.
These are things I used for the background :

Finnabair texture past white sand
Jo sonja texture paste
Jo sonja burnished copper acrylic paint
Tim Holtz Distress paint barn door, vintage photo, pumice stone
Perfect pearls blue patina
india ink


Here a few more different angles. This project has a lot of dimension and depth.





The Graphic 45 products that really make this project are from the Typography collection.
I love the themes and colours in this collection.

Graphic 45 Typography 12 x 12 paper pad
Graphic 45 Typography 8 x 8 paper pad
Graphic 45 Typography chipboard
Graphic 45 ornate metal key holes
Graphic 45 stamped metal brads



I will definitely be combining Graphic 45 and mixed media again. I hope you have 
enjoyed this project and it has given you some inspiration. I would love to her your thoughts in the comments section.

Happy Paper crafting

Andrew 









   

5 comments:

  1. This piece is spectacular. Thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you sell on Etsy or would you be interested in selling this piece?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an awesome work! It has beautiful details and so many colours! Greetings!
    Max :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a magician of the fantasy... I am charmed with You... God takes care of your hands. Benedictions... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...