Monday, 7 December 2015

Christmas Time is Ticking

Christmas is a perfect time of year for decorating our homes. We can be subtle 
or go way overboard. But the the most important thing to me is to 
make it fun and special.

I think one of my top type of project to make would be clocks amongst 
other things. Christmas was a perfect theme for this project. 





The main form of the clock was constructed with chipboard and covered 
with pattern paper.
The christmas collection I chose to use was the twelve Days of Christmas by Graphic 45.
It has classic christmas colours and perfect vintage images tha
 Graphic 45 is renowned for.
I love to make projects detailed but still have symmetry in there form.


The clock face was a die cut and the heat embossed with red embossing powder.
I love the bold look of the clock face, and I framed each side with fussy 
cut images from the collection ( the two nutcracker image are from the graphic 45 nutcracker suite collection ).


The reverse side of the project I focused on the more non traditional christmas images
that reflect some of the twelve days of christmas.
Again I framed the central image. I also used some filigree metal work on the front and
 back of the clock. The following photos are some close ups of the fussy cut images 
that I chose to use.




This was a fun project to make and I love this collection so much I think is, my fourth project
 using this collection.
Now the christmas season is fast approaching I hope you have some time create 
for the holiday season.Thanks for stopping by. 

Happy Paper Crafting
Andrew





2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing your altered art projects, Andrew. You are so very talented! Happy Holidays to you and your family, and, keep on crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...