Thursday, 8 May 2014

Steampunk Spells Hot Air Balloon

May is well under way and I have my first post for this month.
As I await the arrival of my first graphic 45 DT box ( with great anticipation I might add ), 
I thought I would share a creation I made using a three product combination.

1) Graphic 45 steampunk spells collection
2) Scrapmatts Chipboard
3) The Twinery Bakers Twine

I have to say I loved making this project and am very pleased with the finished product.
It has great dimension and detail and a very bold colour pallete.    



There are so many angles in which you can enjoy viewing this project.
My favourite is from a side angle view it gives a great representation of the three dimensional 
aspects of this design.


These next couple of photos give an insight in to the detail of the embellishments and to some 
degree the subtle textures that are present.
Also the sprinkling of metal work adds tot he steam punk nature of the balloon. 





I tried to create the effect of support wires on either side of the construction by use of the 
bakers twine and some ring fasteners .  


There is a small photo mount mini album housed in the top of the balloon pictured below and it has  embellishments to the front and back covers 




So my steampunk addiction has reared its head again and I hope you enjoyed sharing 
this project and you have gained some inspiration for your creativity.

Happy paper crafting

Andrew   


6 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome creation!!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Thank you so much for inspiration. Love, love and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Since it became a hit, I've always had a flair for steampunk inspired designs, which probably why I'm loving this work. The designs are so topnotch. Stay creative!

    Douglas Gaster @ Controlled Color

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when you were chosen to be a member of the G45 Design Team and what wonderful creations you offered as your entry trial. I lost you somehow and am excited to find you again. Your work "speaks : to me as creative and original and I love to see what you are doing! Thanks so much for posting this it is just wonderful !!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...