Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Couture Mantle Clock

My video is done and the next couple of posts will be close ups of the three projects I 
highlighted in my video. 
There is also a tutorial of what I have called a journal tag and it is in the video as well so if you have not looked at my video it is in the previous post.


There is a step by step written tutorial in snap guide if you have checked out snap guide
it is full of great how to guides and I have recently posted my first one.


Now for project one. Couture has to be on my top collections list of graphic 45 paper.
But lets face it I am a hard and fast graphic 45 addict.
This project I have called my mantle clock.

The first group of photos is the front. I might add 
at this point it is a working clock.
I have covered the outside of the clock with coordinating couture papers
and black card stock accents.
The clock face is a tim holtz die cut ( weathered clock ) heat embossed antique gold.
I have used matching kaiser craft box corners.
The top is couture card stock flowers and a graphic 45 metal flower 
finished with a curio knob.
The hinges are also graphic 45 hinges.  








The next series of photos is the reverse of the clock.
As with the front of the clock I have used a series of petaloo, kaisercraft,
wild orchid crafts and I am roses flower embellishments.
Two additions to the back are the couture chip board embellishment and 
a banner component in the corner. 


                                                 








                       This project opens with a door on the front to reveal the clock mechanism 
and the mini album. This allows for the battery to be changed and
a housing for the mini album. 




 


Finally a range of photos showing the mini album housed with in the clock.
This album is a simple concertina card stock album with cap boxes top and bottom.
These box caps are designed to hold the concertina fold closed .
The top box is held in place with a magnet in the back.
The album pages are embellished with tags and folders decorated in the couture collection including
coordinated couture components such as card stock flowers,
chipboard embellishments, banners and stickers.







I  love this project, it is one of my favorites and I hope it will inspire you to use 
the couture collection in one of your creative projects. Please leave a comment and if you wish how this project may inspire your creativity.

Happy scrapping
Andrew

3 comments:

  1. Love this Andrew, so well done and very pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precioso proyecto!!!!!!!!muy bien hecho.Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Просто потрясающий проект !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...