Friday, 28 March 2014

Graphic 45 Mini Box

We have a discount store near where I live and I often go in there to what they have 
in the craft aisle. I discovered these little 2 inch square boxes.
Of course I had to have them in my stash. I actually bought a set of three in squares,
circles and ovals.
Me being me ( a graphic 45 addict ) reached for my stash of graphic 45 paper. 

The three collections I have chosen to use are 
I love the petite size of these projects and they fit perfectly when catering 
to my love of altering boxes.


Sweet Sentiments Minibox






The colours that graphic 45 papers include are so well coordinated and give any altered project an instant vintage flair. When you use matching embellishments and take 
images from the collection, the end results is a wonderful vintage creation. 



Botanical Tea Minibox





The versatility of these papers means you can add a little bling and it does not detract from the overall feel of the project. I have included different trims on each mini box, 
being braid, rhinestone strips and ric-rac and each still maintained the vintage tone.



Bird Song Minibox





On many of my creations I like to use distress ink and this simple technique accentuates the vintage nature of graphic 45 paper. 
I have chosen to use a neutral brown, being gathered twigs by tim holtz.

There are different applications that those little boxes could be used for. your imagination is your only limit. I have included a simple concertina photo mount strip that 
is attached to the base and the lid and unfolds when the lid is removed.

I hope you will find inspiration from my graphic 45 mini boxes and if you 
have never altered a box before, i urge you to give it a try.
Your comments are greatly appreciated and will look forward to my next post

Happy Scrapping 

Andrew 

4 comments:

  1. How delightful !! You are a Master at this :-D
    Hugz
    IKE in Greece xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being selected for the graphic 45 team, you deserve it, and I love these mini boxes, have some in my stash that I was not sure how to decorate, so thanks for these! And "well done" Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning. Little treasures

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...