Monday, 23 December 2013

Scrap Around the World : December Challenge

I have just discovered a new blog called Scrap Around the World
It has some very inspiring and beautiful creations to view I have decided to enter the
The challenge stated we were to gain inspiration from the beautiful mood board 
images pictured below.





As soon as saw this I new I had to enter. The images are so soft and elegant and provide so many creative opportunities.

I was inspired by the colours in the book image and the colour of the ladies hair. 
Also the lovely floral picture inspired me to include some flower 
embellishments on my canvas. I also noticed the texture 
on the frames and included some masking with texture paste and cheese cloth.




So it was a wonderful set of images to start my creative process.
My canvas has many elements that give overall unity to the completed work. I love the
the colours together and  how they altered the numerous card stock, metal, floral and grungeboard embellishments. I especially love the dimensionality of this project and the 
many textural components.






This is my first attempt at the mixed media concept and style and I hope you can gain some inspiration from my project. I think aim going to be a mixed media convert and potential addict ( LOL ).
I had so much fun trying out this style of creating.

Cheers Andrew 

11 comments:

  1. Dear Andrew I should warn you: once you start with working with mixed media it will become a wonder full ediction! I love your textures and gorgeous colors of your project I can totaly see why you joined the challenge! Good luck with your entry!
    Creative Blessings Nadezhda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome take on our challenge Andrew, loooove that background & such a beautiful photo too. So glad you found time to join in the fun at Scrap Around the World. Merry Christmas. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful textures and colors! Thank you for joining us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your project Andrew. You did a fantastic job. I've not tried mixed media yet, but you've given me the inspiration to try it. Love your work. Thanks for sharing. Have a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks wonderful.. With this as a start you will be a natural with MM I think.. beautiful canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your mixed media work, the colours you have managed to blend is fantastic , I adore the brick wall. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on our challenge! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrap Around the World!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work!Thank you for joining INKIDO challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've really come the long way with your first mixed media project! So many details to admire here. Thank you for playing along at SATW & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete