Sunday, 25 August 2013

Scrap Alphabet

Well if you have not guessed I love tags. Any way I can use them, on their own, in mini albums, on layouts and they are great to learn and practice techniques. So I have decided to create a Tag Alphabet using words that describe my scrap booking. I will be posting until I get all the way from A - Z, sharing why I chose the word, the resources used, the techniques and how I developed my design for each letter. I hope you can gain some inspiration from this series and please follow me through the alphabet as I show what I have created.

 A is for Art


I chose the word art for this tag as I love using my artistic gift for creating so I thought it was a great opening word for the scrap alphabet series.

The resources I used were fun to work with and include the following

No 8 shipping tag
assorted brads / eyelets
patterned paper scraps
calico ( tea dyed )
burlap 
card stock scraps
kaiser craft pearl strips
tim holtz stickers ( lost and found )
chipboard monogram
embossing folder
american crafts embossing powders (chestnut and wave )
tim holtz distress stain ( faded jeans )
tim holtz distress ink 
( vintage photo, walnut stain, stormy sky and frayed burlap )
tim holtz crackle paint ( rock candy )
fiskars binder edge punch
tim holz distress embossing ink
distressing tool
ranger ink blending tool 
sponge dauber
heat gun
crop-a-dile


The tag background was created using ranger ink blending tools in the colors mentioned above. I applied the ink in layers working from lightest to darkest, then inking the edges with a sponge dauber.
The tag was then run through an embossing folder and the high points were lightly sanded.
I then pressed my embossing ink on to the tag randomly and applied embossing powder and heat set.
The entire background was then coated in crackle paint.
The calico layer was tea dyed and fringed. 
The burlap was cut to size stained and then fringed as well.Patterned paper and card stock were distressed using the distressing tool and layered as shown in the tag.
Other embellishments were applied as in the photo with the exception of the main chip board monogram. This was inked using walnut stain then heat embossed in two colors.
I came up with this design by wanting and arty feel with out making it look to classic. It has an abstract feel and leans toward a grunge art style.

I hope you like this tags and can try out you out version please come back for the continuation 
of this series an please let me know what you think. If you create your own please share a photo so i can see it email me at

robaw7@hotmail.com

Cheers

Andrew  







2 comments:

  1. Awesome post and right to the point, I am not sure if this is in fact the best place to ask but do you people have any idea where to get some professional writers? Thanks in advance...
    Best Cccam Server | Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice tag Andrew, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...