Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Old world Trunk.....

Back finally to my blog and I thank every one who has been over to visit in the past few weeks. I have been busy in my scrap room and I will have a few projects to share over the coming weeks.  I am happy to share this latest design I call the timeless trunk. 

It has simplicity in the construction with a clock face that really gives it some impact. Firstly the collection I have chosen is by Kaiser craft and is there timeless paper pad, which has a wonderful old world feel to it. Matting it on to black card stock which covers the chipboard construction giving the paper a wonderful visual appeal.


I have continued the aged appeal through the use of Tim Holtz box corners and foundation feet. The luggage straps were created using grunge paper and metal ribbon slides. All inking was done using Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink. The addition of the side handles, achieved with the use of graphic 45 drawer pulls, allows for easy removal of the lid and matches well with the old world tone of the project.

 

After removing the lid it reveals an album in side that fits neatly in to the trunk. I will be showing everyone the album in a future post so stay tuned. As you can see the clock face on the front divides wonderfully when removing the lid.


The clock face was die cut using Tim Holtz weathered clock die, from grunge board. I love the colors on the clock it has real rustic charm. It was achieved through the use of heat embossing powders applied in  a few layers. The powders were both American Crafts Zing and Tim Holtz distress powders. 

The clock centre was a lot of fun to do and I used imaginarium small cog chipboard die cuts that were heat embossed. As well as those, I diecut card stock cogs and I inked and heat embossed them. The very centre uses metal cogs and metal clock hands secured using a brad. A clock face was cut from the collection and used a central clock background and was inked with vintage photo.


I hope this project becomes a favorite of yours and you will come back soon to see my next project design post and please leave a comment if you wish I love reading them.

Cheers 

Andrew 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Looks Fabulous! Love how you made the rust effect~do tell...lol
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING project- love the detail in the clock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks amazing! love the feet and look forward to seeing more!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...