Thursday, 23 May 2013

Time For Another Tag

Tim Holtz makes wonderful products and I aspire to have his skill level one day. This post is my demonstration of the use of his metallic distress stains. They have wonderful qualities that lend 
themselves to many applications.

I have used them to create my background for this rustic distress clock tag. All three colors were used, those being tarnished brass, brushed pewter and antiqued bronze. I have also used distress inks in rusty hinge, vintage photo and gathered twigs. The embossing powders were american crafts zing powders in copper, pewter and chestnut. The clock hands were die cut from grunge board, distress stained with brushed pewter and sprinkled with embossing powder. 

I have embossed the tag with a clock embossing folder and I placed lace at the bottom, that has been metallic distressed stained to coordinate.


I hope this tag inspires you to try distress stains whether they are metallic or from the original collection of distress colors. Thanks for dropping by and please become a follower if you wish, to keep up with my up and coming creations and I would love to get your comments.

Happy scrapping

Andrew

5 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful Andrew! and do you know I don't think i have any distress inks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I love this tag very original and vintage. Love the different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag, love the embossing (am obsessed with clocks.
    I love all things vintage & love this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a great tag Andrew! Love the distress look of that clock
    Tim Holtz has fantastic products

    ReplyDelete
  5. have an award on my blog ... to pick click on the link http://losmisteriosdelscrap.blogspot.com.es/2013/06/premio-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...