Thursday, 18 April 2013

Little Darlings Album

Well as promised I am blogging again to show you my 8 x 8 album using the graphic 45 Little Darlings collection another of my final round design team projects. Graphic 45 have released many vintage paper collections that are both inspiring and stylish and wonderful, but little darlings is my all time favorite. Although French country did come close to taking the number one spot.

This album was fully constructed using chip board. grunge board, manilla folders, sticky back canvas, and score tape. The construction is not to complicated but the end result was very easy to embellish.

The album cover has a great visual impact and I love so many of the images that are great for fussy cutting. Plus I used one of my signature embellishments - mulberry paper roses.


There are a a couple of pocket layouts that have photo mounts with space to add more dimension. This also allowed the album to hold more and give some variation. I wanted this album though to be a layout style album for the most part.




The remainder of the pages are 8 x 8 layouts and these hold some of my favorites. I created six dedicated layouts to the six youngest of my children. I love the way these turned out, but it was so easy with such a beautiful collection to inspire me. The next few photos are of the layouts that combine multiple colors from the collection. These color schemes coordinate so well together.





The final two layouts are what I call mono chromatic layouts, they have only one main color and a brown tone for distressing and accenting. Both these layout are of two of my sons and they demonstrate the ability for this collection to be non gender specific. I love both of these and I have preference for the green layout. There is so much layering and I love the distressed look.



Little darlings was a perfect collection to create a keepsake of my own little treasures and I hope it can be some thing will give you inspiration to display your special kids or grand kids photos. Please say hello in the comments section and let me know what you think. Looking forward to sharing future designs and projects with everyone.

Happy scrapping

Andrew







7 comments:

  1. Andrew, wow, this is just perfect! All of your creations are simply amazing!! Gosh, best of luck to you -- hope to see your name on that final list!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These layouts are so beautiful and I have to agree the papers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is absolutely gorgeous! If you don't make the G45 Dt I'll be extremely shocked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Andrew, these pages are stunning and so very beautiful.. I love your layering and the papers look like you can work magic with them.. I love the balanced and neat feel too.. well done, these are totally gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous!!! Love those colors and layers!! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your G45 audition.
    The layouts you have shared here are amazing. Each one, if featured on G45 website) would be outstanding, and have opride of place! What inspiration! I think you have it sewn up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Andrew!
    perfect work!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...