Monday, 22 April 2013

Curiosity in Progress....

Curiosities , oddities and vintage uniqueness. This policy style envelope mini is one of my latest projects in the making. I thought I would post a couple of shots of the cover. 
Olde Curiosity Shoppe is a cool collection of wonderful images 
that lend them selves to a collage effect. 
My cover is very busy with so much to see.


I have incorporated many images from the collection and chip board elements. 
I love to fussy cut and this collection gave lots of opportunities. I have 
also heat embossed, inked, used metal work and layering ( an effect I will always include ). Here are some close up views of some of the elements I have included.





The spine was formed by leaving the page construction exposed and inking the edges 
and then supported with the hinge compoment from Tim Holtz hard ware 
findings die which I over heat embossed to create an aged effect. 
I then placed a piece of ball chain and hung various 
charms from it for some texture.


I hope you can come back to see the next phase of my olde curiosity shoppe album 
and see what lies inside this project . Please leave a comment if you wish and thanks for looking at my curiosity in the making.

Happy Scrapping

Andrew






4 comments:

  1. It looks really great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The binding on this book ROCKS- awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover looks great! Looking forward to seeing the finished album. Love this paper collection it is one of my favourites. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this, my favourite graphic 45 is the curiosity shop and bird song, they are fabulous, and your mini book is looking extra special, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...