Sunday, 21 April 2013

A Window to a Secret Garden

The third project for my final round submission I used the beautiful secret garden collection. I was attracted to this because one,  it was graphic 45, and lets face it I am addicted to there wonderful papers and two, it contained flowers my other embellishment addiction.

The project I created is a picture window mini album. It was a great theme to utilize this collection. This picture is the view from the front and the window allows the album to be seen inside.


The box is made from chip board and lined internally and externally using 12 x 12 papers. The window, which is my favorite part forms the lid of the box and is shaped from chip board and acetate and embellished using french vanilla bazzill card stock.


The mini album has a clean simple construction. I made it this way so the layouts and cover had more visual impact and made the collection stand out . It has wonderful colors which can be appreciated on a neutral back ground. The cover I tried to make a carnival of flowers around the central image from the collection so it was easily seen through the window.


The layouts in this album are 5 x 7 in size and are constructed vertically. They could also be used on the front of cards as well. There are so many colors combinations that can be used from secret garden. As you will see there is a soft color palette and this collection could be utilized to preserve so many memories. Please have a look at the following pictures that demonstrate the way I have used secret garden in this mini album.











This collection was fun to use and gave a wonderful result to my finished project. I would love to create something else in the future with these lovely papers. I hope you enjoyed my take on secret garden. Please come back and check out more of my projects in the future . Again I would love to here your comments.

Happy scrapping

Andrew



5 comments:

  1. Wow, just beautiful! Love how you have so many layers and used so many flowers! Love, love, love adding flowers to my creations. Good Luck and I have my fingers crossed for you.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are breath taking beautiful.. so many details.. really wonderful use of these gorgeous papers..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is the one I saw you were working on the window the day i was at the shop
    Oh its gorgeous!!!turned out beautifully and I love your beautiful childrens photos!!!
    great work!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...